- Reading nautical charts, and symbols.
- Dead reckoning navigation.
- Bearings and fixes, correcting your course for current and leeway.
- Fog navigation and GPS practice.
Course Schedule: Arranged.
Email for scheduling and availability: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How can I prepare for my ASA course? Are there any course materials I need before the lesson?
- Schedule your lesson. Email Bliss to schedule your lesson.
- Order the course materials. Coastal Navigation workbook with DVD by Capt. Mike Pyzel, training chart 1210TR from ASA, The ASA 105 syllabus are available at Bliss. We can email to you.
- Purchase additional navigation tools such as a parallel ruler, divider, #2 pencils, small digital calculator, and an eraser.
- Get a head start on the reading. Reading over the course text and syllabus will give you an idea of what to expect during the lesson.
- Complete the lesson.
- Pass the ASA 105 written certification exam.
- Pay the Y3,500 ASA certification exam fee.
- Get on the water! After passing your ASA 105 exam, you have officially completed your certification. This course has provided you with the tools and techniques to navigate safely in coastal and inland waters. Your certification should arrive in the mail within 4 to 6 weeks after passing the exam. You are now ready to take ASA 106: Advanced Coastal Cruising.
Q: What if I need to cancel or reschedule my lesson? What if Seattle Sailing Club cancels my lesson?
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Bliss’ first priority is safety. We may postpone or reschedule lessons at our own discretion for unforeseen circumstances or unsafe/extreme weather conditions.
- Students must give Bliss at least 7 days notice to cancel or reschedule a lesson for a full refund. A fee of Y10,000 will be charged for cancellations/reschedules made within 7-days of the student’s scheduled lesson.
- Payment will not be refunded after the first day of the student’s lesson.
- There are no refunds for missed lessons.
- Missing a course due to personal illness or family emergencies can be rescheduled by contacting the club.